Corporate Social Responsibility policy
At Dinostratus House, we recognizes our responsibilities to the environment and the society. We maintain safety and quality in all our operations. We understand that our activities affect people’s life in the local community.
Our policy is to carry out all possible measures to seek and meet, exceed or develop all necessary requirements to improve our impact on the environment and society.
We comply with environmental regulations, legislation and approved codes of practice relating to the processes and activities.
Our aims are wherever possible:
- Minimize the environmental effects of all activities in our operation
- Reduce the amount of waste produced
- Reduce the consumption of raw materials, water and energy
- Reduce and/or limit the production of pollutants to the environment
- Limit the noise in and around the site
- Support the activities of local organizations and businesses, thus ensuring to have a positive impact on the community both in day to day operations and in the future
- We will strive to enhance environmental awareness and understanding in all employees, suppliers, customers, sub-contractors and the public
At Dinostratus House we developed a ‘Green Action Plan’ to be communicated to guests and staff.
Activities Currently Completed/Undertaken Recycling:
- Paper recycled
- Plastic recycled
- Only energy saving light “bulbs” (LEDs) used with minimum acceptable wattage
- Timers (for lighting) installed where practical
- Only essential lighting, for health and safety purposes are left on at night
- All staff aware that all non-essential lighting and heating is to be turned off when not in use
- Heating in the winter reduced to minimum comfort levels and operates only when the room is occupied
- All windows are double glazed
- The use of energy saving fridges
- Green towel and linen replacement policy advertised (we change textiles weekly only if requested)
- Use of energy efficient appliances
- Showers use 6 liters of water per minute
- Taps use less than 8.5 liters of water per minute
- Toilets use 3/6 liters per flush
- We provide with up to date local public transport information
- We advice to use public transport or walk instead of using car, taxi or any other private transport option
- We promote local businesses and facilities
- Continue to remind staff of CSR items and encourage new ideas
- Continue to remind guests/staff to report water leaks/drips